Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Whole chicken 1 (3 pounds), giblets removed
- Margarine ½ cup, divided
- Onion powder 1 tablespoon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Celery 1 stalk, leaves removed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and generously season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with onion powder inside and out.
- Place 3 tablespoons of margarine in the chicken cavity.
- Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken exterior.
- Cut the celery in 4 pieces and place in the chicken cavity.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and baste with melted margarine and drippings.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest about 20 to 30 minutes before serving.