Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
- All-purpose flour – 1 ¼ cup
- Baking Powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Unsalted butter at room temperature – 2/3 cup
- Egg – 1
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Sour cream – ½ cup
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Lemon Glaze Ingredients
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar at medium speed with hand beater until fluffy and even. Beat in the egg and add the cream and blend well.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and
- Preheat the oven on 350 ̊
- Add the flour mixture in the butter mixture and beat well until well combined. Add lemon zest, vanilla extract and lemon juice in the blended mixture.
- Prepare the pan with a layer of butter and aluminum foil and add the final mixture in the prepared pan.
- Put the pan in preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until well-baked.
- Remove from oven and let it cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice and powdered sugar until a smooth paste develops. Pour the glaze on the cool cake.