Servings: 12 falafel balls
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil – ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon
- Uncooked raw chickpeas, soaked for minimum 4 hours or overnight – 1 cup
- Roughly chopped red onions – ½ cup
- Fresh parsley – ½ cup
- Fresh cilantro – ½ cup
- Sea salt – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Grounded black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Grounded cinnamon – ¼ teaspoon
- Grounded cumin – ½ teaspoon
- Evenly coat a pan with olive oil and preheat oven to 375 ̊
- In a food processor, add the soaked and dried chickpeas, onions, cilantro, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and one tablespoon olive oil. Process until a smooth mixture comes up.
- Start making falafel in shapes of balls or patties from the mixture of almost 2 inches wide and ½ inch thickness. Place the falafels in the baking pan.
- Bake them for 25 to 30 minutes and then serve with warm pita bread.