Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 hours
- Boneless chuck roast 1 pound
- Ketchup 1 ½ cups
- Apple cider vinegar ¼ cup
- Brown sugar ¼ cup, packed
- Worcestershire sauce 2 tablespoons
- Prepared Dijon-style mustard 2 tablespoons
- Liquid smoke flavoring 1 teaspoon
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Garlic powder ¼ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper ¼ teaspoon
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon-style mustard, and liquid smoke in a large bowl.
- Stir in garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Place chuck roast in your slow cooker and pour ketchup mixture over it.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 9 hours.
- Remove chuck roast from slow cooker and shred with a fork.
- Return to the slow cooker and stir shredded meat to evenly coat with sauce.
- Continue cooking for 1 hour more.
Enjoy it in a sandwich or as you like!